Dear Parents and Colleagues,
We are only two weeks away from the census submission deadline. Our kids benefit from many programs stemming from census data like robotics, PE and art.
We are teaming up with the city to help remind everyone that it is not too late. City census crews will visit McAllen ISD lunch stops all this month and will answer your questions about the census. Submitting is quick, easy and will benefit our kids for years. Help our kids. Be counted! An accurate response to the census is crucial for our schools and community. The census determines funding for many school programs including:
- Teacher grants
- Special ed programs
- Pell grants
- School lunch & breakfast programs
- Office of State & Federal Program oversees much of these expenditures
- Parental Involvement
- Literacy intervention
- Communities in Schools (CIS)
- Clothing & medical assistance or vouchers for students
- summer school
- Evening Study Center for parents
- Parent Resource Centers
- Art resources for fine arts teachers
- PE equipment
- Makerspace for math, science & engineering lessons
- Instructional labs at elem. schools
- Crime Prevention Specialist (teaches about dangers of substance abuse)
- Salaries for support staff.
- Help for At Risk kids
- Credit Recovery programs
Just click here and you are done. www.2020census.gov.
J.A. Gonzalez, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
McAllen Independent School District